Thursday, May 29, 2008

Community service

The community service that i did was very interesting. I worked with elderly people and i also worked with kids. It was such a big difference between the two services that i did, and i still loved it. I experienced something new, something that i haven't done before and i am glad to say that i liked it.
It was hard to see how hard it is for elderly people to live at a nursing home, it was very sad. My grandmother is 90 years old and she lives by herself in Belarus. I can only imagine how hard it is. I mean first off all being there by herself, everyday! yes, she has her girlfriends, but she doesn't have us. Her family is so far away that we can't be there every day. My other grandmother is younger but not by a lot and she also lives by herself. I just wish they could come here and live by us. The lady that i got to talk to had her daughter visit her everyday because she lives a street away from the nursing home, and still Esther was upset and not very happy about being at the nursing home. When i think of my grandmothers i can't imagine how hard it is for them, they are all by them selfs.



I got a lot from doing community service because it what makes us happy, to give, that's a key to being happy.

No comments: